Road Race Coaching for East Midlands Cluster club riders
Darley Moor race circuit – near Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Sat 26th January 2013
RESCHEDULED Sun 10th February 2013
Sun 24th February 2013
Sign on 10 to 10.20am. Parents briefing at 10-20am.
Session – 10.30am to 2.30pm
Session is very weather dependant – updates will be on the Derby Mercury website Forum (find the link Darley Moor Youth Training session).
If there is ice/ snow on the circuit, the session will be unsafe to run – and will be re-arranged.
Ideal for u14, u16 and Junior (u18) riders, also top year u12.
Younger riders can attend (u8, u10, u12) – parents of u8, u10, u12 will need to stay at the circuit for the duration and the session for these riders is likely to only run until 1pm ish – owing to the difficulties with predicting the British weather and keeping the younger riders safe and warm
Cost £3 per rider, for each session – to cover circuit hire
1st session – Focusing on bunch riding skills
What to bring
- Clean road bike. Mudguards are recommended
- 2 sets of winter riding kit – might need to change wet kit at lunchtime
- Overshoes, winter gloves, waterproof, helmet
- 2 spare tubes, pump, tyre levers, puncture repair kit – & the knowhow to use it all
- Warm dry clothes and shoes for after
- Food for during the session – bottle and food every half hour.
- Prefer no gels or energy bars – as they create litter on the circuit (don’t want to upset the owners)
- Food for after
If you’re interested please let Mary know: